Chair: John Dawson (Australia)
Terms of Reference
To improve regional cooperation that supports the realization and densification of the International Terrestrial Reference frame (ITRF). This activity will be carried out in close collaboration with the Geodetic Reference Framework for Sustainable Development Working Group of the United Nations Global Geospatial Information Management for Asia and the Pacific (UN-GGIM-AP).
The objectives of the Sub-commission 1.3e are:
- The densification of the ITRF and promotion of its use in the Asia Pacific region;
- To encourage the sharing of GNSS data from Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS) in the region;
- To develop a better understanding of crustal motion in the region;
- To promote the collocation of different measurement techniques, such as GPS, VLBI, SLR, DORIS and tide gauges, and the maintenance of precise local geodetic ties at these sites; and
- To outreach to developing countries through symposia, workshops, training courses, and technology transfer activities.
Program of Activities
The activities of this Sub-commission will principally be those of the Asia-Pacific Reference Frame (APREF), see www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/positioning-navigation/geodesy/asia-pacific-reference-frame.